March, 1st 2018 |LUCKNOW ZYAKA
Lucknow is a city which is especially known for its Nawabiyat, tasty cuisines and how we can forget its tremendous works of Handicrafts and Chicken Kari by the local workers of Lucknow. Here love for art, food, music lies in every heart of the city, besides all this, the lovely city has a number of stories in its history.
Let’s have a brief look at the Surprising Facts of Lucknow which you might be not aware of :
2. Lucknow’s Bada Imambara is known to be the largest hall in all over Asia, as it is standing without any external support of anything.
3. Lucknow has 2 Railway Stations – Charbagh Station & Lucknow Junction. While Lucknow Charbagh Station comes under ‘Northern Railways’ the Lucknow Junction comes under ‘North Eastern Railways’ :
4. A very rare natural shell called “Gomti Chakra” was found in Gomti River. Earlier used to make jewelry in ancient times. They strongly believed that it brings wealth and prosperity.
5. Lucknow is ranked ‘India’s second happiest city’ in a survey conducted by IMRB International and LG Corporation, after only Chandigarh. Also, it is the first city in India, having more than 9000 security cameras.
6.Bada Mangal, a festivity of Lord Hanuman is celebrated only in Lucknow. It was started for the only purpose of giving food to the poor.
7. Rumi Darwaza is also known as Turkish Gate” as it was built by the architectures of Rome:
8. Janeshwar Mishra Park is claimed to be Asia’ s Largest park :
9. There are no electrical wires in Hazratganj, all electrical wires are underground:
10.Over time the city’s name changed from Lakshampuri to Laksmnaut to Laksnaut to Laksnau to Laknau and finally Lucknow.
11. The Race Course of Lucknow is known to be the longest race course in India with a 3.5 km track length:
12. City Montessori School, Lucknow is the largest school in terms of the pupil in the world.
13. Gomti River is the only river which is NOT originating from any hill but flows throughout the year.
14. Lucknow and Kanpur were the two cities in which the first STD call of the country was made.
15. Kukrail garden Asia largest crocodile and alligator reservoir:
So, these were the surprising facts about Lucknow. Hope you enjoyed it.
Do like our Facebook page…